Measure Code: IQI 26
Clinical Title: Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Rate
How often the hospitals do surgery to bypass blocked blood vessels in the heart.
Number of discharges with CABG procedure per population.
AHRQ IQI Coding Specifications-ICD09
- A lower score is better.
- This is not a measure of hospital quality. It is a measure of practice patterns in an area. There can be wide variation in practice patterns that might suggest overuse or underuse.
- A score of less than 1 means that the hospital had fewer deaths due to these conditions than other hospitals nationwide with a similar case mix.
For example, an overall score of 0.5 means that half as many patients died as expected.
- A score of 1 means that the hospital had the same number of deaths due to these conditions as other hospitals nationwide with a similar case mix.
- A score of more than 1 means the hospital had more deaths due to these conditions than other hospitals nationwide with a similar case mix.
For example, an overall score of 2.0 means that twice as many patients died as expected.
- Each individual component of this score takes into account how sick patients were before they went to the hospital (the components are risk-adjusted).
- Ratings include a significance test.
- The number of hospital stays is provided for every 100000 people who reside in that area (i.e., the population).
AHRQ IQI 26-29 Coding Specifications are not available for ICD10.